What do you think of Pat Robertson now?
So what do you think of Pat Robertson’s 2007 predictions now with all this violence going on in the U.S. and the world? He may have missed the year but he didn’t miss the action!
You are not to be followed!
"But the prophet who speaks a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.' You may say in your heart, 'How will we know the word which the LORD has not spoken?' When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him" (Deuteronomy 18:20-22).
By your own admission, Pat Robertson failed to predict what year this chaos was going to happen. Since God never makes a mistake, this means that Pat Robertson's source is not God. Here are Robertson's 2007 predictions:
"The Lord didn’t say nuclear, but I do believe it’ll be something like that - that’ll be a mass killing, possibly millions of people, major cities injured," Robertson said.
"There will be some very serious terrorist attacks," he added. "The evil people will come after this country, and there’s a possibility - not a possibility, a definite certainty - that chaos is going to rule." Robertson did not say where the terrorism would occur.
Yes, major cities were injured in 2020, but there was no mass killing -- definitely not on the order of millions of people. It is just not "a definite certainty." As Church and State Magazine noted, "Although he claims to have a direct pipeline to God, Robertson’s track record with predictions is not very good. It’s hard for him to miss with vague claims of continued world strife, but in general, the more specific he is, the more wrong he is." ["Pat Robertson Predicts ‘Mass Killing’ Will Strike U.S. Later This Year"].
- In 1980 he predicted that the Soviet Union would invade the Middle East. It didn't happen.
- In 1982 he predicted that there would be a judgment on the world.
- He predicted a worldwide depression between 1983-1985. Actually good financial years in the United States and around the world.
- In 2004 he predicted that George Bush would win in a blowout election. It was actually a very close election.
- In 2006 he predicted devasting storms and hurricanes on the coast of the United States. In that year, no hurricanes struck the coast of the United States.
- In September 2011 he predicted the end of the world.
- In 2012 he predicted that Mitt Romney would be president and have a two-term reign. Obama won his second term.
- He also predicted that Donald Trump would win a second term and it would lead to the end times.
See Pat Robertson’s Failed Predictions. My opinions of Mr. Robertson haven't changed.