Skip to content
- Exodus 21:19 "if he rises again and walks about outside with his staff, then he who struck him shall be acquitted. He shall only pay for the loss of his time, and shall provide for him to be thoroughly healed."
- II Kings 8:29 "Then King Joram went back to Jezreel to recover from the wounds which the Syrians had inflicted on him at Ramah, when he fought against Hazael king of Syria. And Ahaziah the son of Jehoram, king of Judah, went down to see Joram the son of Ahab in Jezreel, because he was sick."
- Ecclesiastes 3:3 "A time to kill, And a time to heal; A time to break down, And a time to build up;"
- Jeremiah 8:22 "Is there no balm in Gilead, Is there no physician there? Why then is there no recovery For the health of the daughter of my people?"
- Ezekiel 34:4 "The weak you have not strengthened, nor have you healed those who were sick, nor bound up the broken, nor brought back what was driven away, nor sought what was lost; but with force and cruelty you have ruled them."
- Matthew 9:12 "When Jesus heard that, He said to them, 'Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.'"
- Colossians 4:14 "Luke the beloved physician and Demas greet you."
Relying Solely on Man is Condemned
- II Chronicles 16:12-13 "And in the thirty-ninth year of his reign, Asa became diseased in his feet, and his malady was severe; yet in his disease he did not seek the LORD, but the physicians. So Asa rested with his fathers; he died in the forty-first year of his reign."
- Jeremiah 17:5 "Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the LORD."