Skip to content
Psalm 22 - My God, My God, why have You forsaken me?
- Does David write of his own suffering or that of someone else? How do you know?
- Explain how this Psalm is messianic in its prophecy of the suffering, death, resurrection of Jesus.
- What are the specific elements of suffering mentioned? Please cross-reference this list to the various writings of Christ's suffering.
- Who is able to bring relief to the sufferer of this psalm?
- What did the Psalmist refer to in verse 18? What is significant about this being recorded some 1000 years before Christ?
- Explain the change of tone in Psalm 22 away from suffering and despair in verse 21. What significant statement is made to alter the tone?
- Summarize the message and tone of the Psalm from verse 22 onward.