Reading Assignment: Eccl. 3:1-15
Did you understand what you read?
1. The poem about time is beautiful, but how does it fit into the discussion?
2. "A time to be born, and a time to die." Death is a hard thing for most people to accept. What should the Christian's attitude toward death be, according to the Bible?
3. "A time to keep silence, and a time to speak." Find other passages to show when it is appropriate to speak and when we ought to be listening.
4. What is the best thing that we can do?
5. Why doesn't this conflict with Solomon's earlier conclusions about work?
6. Verses 12-13 can be summarized as being content. What else does the Bible teach about contentment?