I just came across an article on your website that talked about premillennialism. Current events seem to have got them talking. Basically I'd like to ask you several questions about premillennial and dispensational theories that these people believe.
1. Do current events in the Middle East, particularly those between Israel and the Palestinians and Israel and Iran, have anything to do with Bible prophecy? Are they somehow signs of the Second Coming as so many believe and, if they're not, what verses to they misinterpret?
2. Is there going to be a one-world ruler, or "Antichrist," who arises? I've heard many say that he is coming out of the European Union or the United Nations.
3. Is there a "pre-tribulation rapture" where all Christians are taken from the world before a "tribulation?" Is there a "tribulation" in the first place?
4. Is the millennium in Revelation 20 a literal time period?
5. Could Jesus return at any second? Are you expecting Him to return soon?
All your questions have been addressed in one form or another on this web site. Rather than rewrite the answers, I'll direct you to the appropriate places.
1) Current events and the second coming of Jesus
Is the end of time drawing near?
Is Jesus About to Return?
An Overview of Premillennial Theories
The Consequences of Premillennialism
4) Millennial Reign
The Thousand Year Reign
5) Expectation of Jesus' Return
Peter stated, "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless" (2 Peter 3:9-14).
Yes, Jesus could return before you finish this note. He could return five hundred years from now. The point is that no one knows -- not you or I or anyone else in this world. "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only" (Matthew 24:36). It is useless to make conjectures regarding when it will be. Instead, we are urged to always be ready. "Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect" (Matthew 24:42-44).